Friday, May 18, 2012

Puppy playdate and a new veggie.

Beautiful afternoon, and the pups next door wanted to play!
I went to the produce outlet on the way home and bought- kale, bananas, lettuce, mushrooms, lemons, limes, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery ... Other stuff I can't think of. AND TURNIPS.
When I was home last weekend, my aunt and uncle from Colorado had come to visit. I hadn't seen them in 10 years, and they have a beautiful garden. Last time I went, they said I ate almost a whole crops worth of turnips! Raw! The ones I bought today were just as delicious. Peeled, a little salt, voila! The outer parts are mild and the middles are spicy, like a radish!
Along with two turnips, I had a tomato, mozzarella, and basil pesto panini on a delicious whole grain bread from Trader Joes.

Tonight I'm staying in with the pup and my dvr. And a vodka soda. Mostly good for my waistline, very good for my mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment